Crime Report: Cars Splattered With Paint in Northville Neighborhood
The following information was supplied by the City of Northville Police Department and Northville Township's Public Safety Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
Cars splattered with paint
Three cars on the 900 block of Coldspring Drive were splattered with paint on June 9.
According to city of Northville police reports, the cars were parked in front a house where a graduation party was taking place. It looked as if someone took a paint can and walked or ran from car to car covering vehicles, the report said.
The homeowner told police that there were no incidents at the party that would have led to an angry guest that could have dont this, according to the police report.
Water pump stolen
On June 8, a water pump outside of the Begonia Brothers building was reported stolen. According to a city police report, the hoses around it had been cut so that it could be lifted.
Underage drinker cited at Northville Downs
A 20-year-old Brownstown woman was cited outside of Northville Downs for underage drinking on June 9.
According to a city police report, the woman was seen holding an open beer bottle by a police officer driving by. He approached her and she attempted to hide the bottle under the car. The officer asked her if she had been drinking and if she'd agree to a PBT breathalyzer test. Her level was .029, over the legal limit for a minor, according to police. She was cited for underage drinking and her boyfriend cited for providing her with the alcohol.
Man accused of passing out on stranger's porch
A 22-year-old Northville man is accused of passing out drunk on the back porch of a resident on Main Street on June 9.
According to city police reports, the man walked around the house and pounded on the door. No one came to answer, and he went to the back porch and passed out. He told police he believed it was his cousin's house.
Meijer employee charged with stealing
A woman working in the deli at Meijer was cited on charges of larceny on June 6. According to police reports, store security saw the woman reach into a cashier drawer she was taking to the service desk and put money in her pocket.
She was found with $70 in her pocket, according to township police reports. She was cited, arrested and is due to appear in the 35th District Court in late June.
SUV mirror, laptops and TV reported stolen
- A man working in Downtown Northville reported to police that his SUV passenger mirror had been stolen. He told city police he noticed it as he attempted to back out of a parking spot on June 6.
- A television was reported stolen on June 5 from the fitness room at the Northridge Condos, according to township police reports.
- A resident of the 800 block of Pond Island Ct. reported to police that his car door was left slightly ajar on June 11. According to city police reports, someone stole a bag containing a laptop, wallet and flashlights.
- Golf clubs were reported possibly stolen from the bed of a pick-up truck parked on the 44000 block of Five Mile Road. According to township police reports, the Livonia owner said they may have fallen out of the back or may have been stolen.
- A resident of the Park Place Apartments reported to township police that on June 11, his mountain bike had been stolen. He told police it was cable-secured to the carport and the cable had been cut.
- A man whose car was parked on the 18500 block of Steep Hollow Ct. reported to township police that his car was broken into. He told police a large bag and two laptops had been stolen on June 11.