Crime Report: 4 Car Break-ins Reported in Same Northville Neighborhood
The following information was supplied by the City of Northville Police Department and Northville Township's Public Safety Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
Car break-ins reported
Five car break-ins were reported on May 28, according to Northville Township police reports. Four of them occurred in the early morning hours in the same area.
- Three cars on Sunnydale Lane were broken into. One woman told township police that she woke up and saw someone running from her driveway. Her car had been rummaged through, according to the police report, but nothing was stolen. The front drivers side door on nearly all of the cars had been left open and the interior lights left on. Nothing was reported stolen from the cars broken into on Sunnydale Lane.
- A car on the 17000 block of Stonebrook Drive was also broken into on May 28. According to the police report, a resident reported a purse with $300 and credit cards was stolen.
- A truck on the 16000 block of Winchester Drive was broken into on May 28. The driver's side door was left ajar, contents were moved around but nothing was reported stolen, according to the police report.
Trespassers cited at Seven Mile property
- On May 25, three men were cited for trespassing on the Seven Mile property, the former psychiatric hospital. According to police reports, the men were seen on the roof and top floors from afar shining flashlights. They are due to appear in the 35th District Court in June.
- Three teens from Dearborn were cited for trespassing on the property on May 24. They were released at the scene and are due to appear in the 35th District Court in June.
Bike reported stolen
A resident of apartments on Fairbrook Street reported to city of Northville police that his bicycle had been stolen. He told police it was locked in a storage unit and was taken sometime between May 13 to May 21.
- On May 23, a woman reported that someone threw something at her van causing the windshield to break. The incident occurred near the intersection of Six Mile Road and Tournament Drive. According to the township police report, she was driving eastbound on Six Mile and "all of a sudden a large rock struck her windshield." It left a fist-sized mark and sent pieces of glass into the van, some of which struck and cut her hand.
- On May 22, near Northville Road and Cass Benton Parkway, a woman's car window was cracked when someone threw an apple or similar object out of another car, according to the police report. It hit so hard that it detached the rearview mirror on the windshield.