Man Tried to Lure Boy into Truck with Candy in Salem Township
Michigan State Police released the sketch of a man they said tried to lure a 10-year-old boy into his pickup truck with candy in Salem Township.
Michigan State Police are looking for a man who tried to lure a 10-year-old boy into his truck with candy in Salem Township. They have released a sketch and ask anyone with information to come forward.
Police said the incident happened Thursday morning near 6 Mile and Currie roads in Salem Township, according to a report on ClickOnDetroit.com. The boy refused the man's offer and wasn't harmed, the report said.
"We're on top of it and hopefully, with the community's support, we're trying to get the word out to all of our residents and people who might have seen anything to please let the township know or local authorities," Gary Whittaker, the township supervisor, told WDIV.
The boy was able to give police a description of the man and the pickup he was driving, the report said.
Description of man
- White man
- 25-35 years old
- Black shorter hair
- Tattoos on both arms from the elbow down
- Specifically numerals on their right hand fingers
- Black AC/DC shirt with sleeves pulled up to the elbows
Description of pickup truck
- Black unknown regular-sized pickup truck
- Black pickup truck
- Tinted side and rear windows
- Red lettering on driver’s side rear quarter panel
- Wood planks were in the bed of the truck
Anyone with information is asked to call Michigan State Police's Brighton Post at 810-227-1051.