New Northville Teacher Hires Approved, District Websites Get Updated
Here are some highlights from the Northville Public Schools board meeting Tuesday night.
Five new hires announced
Northville's school board approved new hires Tuesday night at its regular meeting. They are listed below with their positions, according to district documents:
- Ashleigh Apostolovski, Northville High School math teacher: Obtained her M.A. and B.S. at the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor. She is an NHS graduate.
- Janelle Corace, occupational therapist at Cooke School: Obtained her M.A. and B.S. at Grand Valley State University.
- Denise Henderson, speech language pathologist at Winchester Elementary School: Earned her M.S. at Buffalo State University and her B.A. at the State University of New York at Buffalo.
- Lana Krolikowski, high school math and physics teacher: Earned two M.A. degrees at the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor and a B.S. at Hope College.
- Angela Lewis, resource room teacher at Ridge Wood Elementary School: Earned her Master of Education degree at the University of Michigan - Dearborn and her B.A. at Michigan State University.
- Taraneh Makhmali, social worker at Ridge Wood and Thornton Creek Elementary School: Earned her M.A. at the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor and her B.A. at Michigan State University.
District websites to get revamp
Beginning today, Northville Public Schools are expected to get new websites, district officials announced. They are expected to look similar to the current high school and middle school pages.
Here's what will change, according to a district email:
- A news feed function with "most popular articles" featured prominently
- A new search function will be added to search within each site.
- A calendar system featuring individual school and district events, including upcoming events. The events can be sent to smartphones or an electronic calendar.
- More images and graphics to "reinforce key messages."
- The option to read the website in different languages.