Photos: Immaculate Cars on Display at Concours d'Elegance
Vintage cars line grounds of the Inn at St. John's in Plymouth.
The Inn at St. John's in Plymouth was alive with fashion and automotive flair Sunday as the 34th annual Concours d'Elegance of America got under way.
The Concours d'Elegance, an annual top-of-the-line automotive exhibit, marked its second year in Plymouth, moving last year from its previous venue, Meadowbrook in Rochester.
The event drew crowds both locally and around the globe, eager to see one-of-a-kind vehicles up close and personal. Sunday's exhibit capped a weekend of auto-themed events in Plymouth and Northville leading up to the main event.
On Saturday, Al Capone's bulletproof 1928 Cadillac V-8 was sold at auction at St. John's for $341,000, part of an elite class of rare automobiles that also included a $957,000 1930 Duesenberg Model SJ Convertible Victoria, J272 on the block at RM Auctions' annual event at Concours.
On Sunday, models decked out in vintage auto show attire escorted flashy cars past crowds of spectators as part of the Mode du Concourse exhibition. Throughout the field, car owners had their vintage vehicles evaluated by the event's judging staff, hoping to take home best-in-class honors.
'Like' Plymouth-Canton Patch on Facebook for more on Concours d'Elegance and other local events.
SEE MORE ON PATCH
- Concours d'Elegance at St. John's Offers Nostalgia, New Memories
- Follow the Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's
- Concours Car Profile: 1929 Stutz Model M Coupe by Lancefield
- Concours Car Profile: 1932 Oldsmobile F-32 Convertible
- Concours d'Elegance to Showcase Awe-Inspiring Automobiles
- Filmmakers Hope Documentary on Station Wagons Gains Traction
- Photos: Vintage Cars Motor to Downtown Northville Ahead of Concours d'Elegance
- Photos: Bumpers, Bikes and Bands Comes to Plymouth's Old Village
- Photos: Gia Warner, Classic Cars Highlight Friday's Music in the Air
- Photos: Tour Al Capone's Bulletproof 1928 Cadillac
- Visiting Plymouth for Concours d'Elegance? Check Our Patch Passport
- 5 Things You Need to Know Today — July 27, 2012
- Free Shuttle Service Offered at Concours d'Elegance
- Plymouth Man's Unique Sports Car Headed to Concours d'Elegance
- Concours d'Elegance Brings Cornucopia of Automobile-Themed Events
- Car Show Preview: Concours d'Elegance Returns to Plymouth July 29
- Plymouth Auto Aficionado Margaret Dunning Cruises to 102