Concours d'Elegance Attractions Under Way Ahead of Sunday's Main Event
Vintage, top-of-the-line cars head to St. John's for Concours d'Elegance.
Vintage vehicles have made their way onto the grounds of the Inn at St. John's in Plymouth for Concours d'Elegance.
While the main event isn't until 10 a.m. Sunday, car aficionados were on site for RM Auction's high-profile auto sale, in which Al Capone's bulletproof 1928 Cadillac V-8 netted $341,000 at auction, falling just within the $300,000-500,000 estimated by auction officials.
Separate auto-themed events were being held in Plymouth's Old Village, with Bumpers, Bikes and Bands, and in Northville, which was hosting a preview party late Saturday.
On the event grounds, however, vintage cars were making their way onto the site for Sunday's exhibition. Among the unique attractions was a vintage Russian Tupolev N007 boat, an amphibious patrol and rescue craft from the 1970s. Also on display were concept cars from the past two decades.
Student filmmakers Chris Zaluski and Sam Smartt also showcased their documentary, Wagonmasters, throughout the day inside the hotel.
'Like' Plymouth-Canton Patch on Facebook for the latest on Concours d'Elegance!
SEE MORE ON PATCH
- Concours d'Elegance to Showcase Awe-Inspiring Automobiles
- Photos: Bumpers, Bikes and Bands Comes to Plymouth's Old Village
- Photos: Gia Warner, Classic Cars Highlight Friday's Music in the Air
- Photos: Tour Al Capone's Bulletproof 1928 Cadillac
- Visiting Plymouth for Concours d'Elegance? Check Our Patch Passport
- 5 Things You Need to Know Today — July 27, 2012
- Free Shuttle Service Offered at Concours d'Elegance
- Plymouth Man's Unique Sports Car Headed to Concours d'Elegance
- Concours d'Elegance Brings Cornucopia of Automobile-Themed Events
- Car Show Preview: Concours d'Elegance Returns to Plymouth July 29
- Plymouth Auto Aficionado Margaret Dunning Cruises to 102