Weekend Planner: Cabin Fever Relievers and More
The weekend is almost here. We present you with ideas to help you plan.
It's Wednesday, and plenty of fun events start happening Thursday or thereabouts, so we're offering up a weekend planner a bit in advance. Let's begin our countdown of things-to-do:
- Where: Tipping Point Theatre
- When: 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, 3 p.m. Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday
- Pricing: $26-$30
- Why Go: The Tipping Point presents The Love List, a romantic comedy about finding the perfect woman. In this show a gypsy promises a man that he'll find the woman of is dreams if he provides a list of what he's looking for. He makes the list, and sure enough, she comes into his life. Even more strange -- and hilarious -- is when he changes the list: The woman's personality changes as well.
- Where: Northville Community Senior Center
- When: 7:30 p.m. Friday (Doors open at 7.)
- Pricing: Free
- Why Go: Enjoy a free film and beat back some winter blahs with Northville Parks & Recreation's Cabin Fever Reliever movie series. Tonight's movie is Snow Dogs.
- Where: Northville High School
- When: 7 p.m. Friday, 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday
- Pricing: $5
- Why Go: Northville High's drama club presents the Peanut-y classic You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, with all the favorite characters -- think Linus, Lucy, Sally, Snoopy, Charlie Brown -- and more coming to life on stage. It's fun and affordable for all ages.
- Where: Marquis Theatre
- When: 7:30 p.m. Saturday
- Pricing: $3
- Why Go: Enjoy a retro movie at a very retro price, as the Marquis Theatre shows classic movies every Saturday through Feb. 25. This week's flick is 1963's The Pink Panther, starring Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau, plus David Niven and Robert Wagner. It was directed by Blake Edwards. Poole's Tavern is the film's sponsor.
- Novi Home Improvement Show, 2-9 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday, and 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, at the Suburban Collection Showplace. $8 adults 13 and older, $7 seniors, kids 12 and younger get in free. Parking is $5.
- Beauty and the Beast finishes its run at the Marquis Theatre. See it at 2:30 p.m. Saturday or Sunday. Cost is $8.50.
- Our Italian Wedding continues at Genitti's Hole In The Wall. Enjoy a seven-course family style dinner and an interactive comedy spoofing an Italian wedding. Dinner/showtime is 6:30 p.m. Saturday. $35.
Still looking for more ideas? Visit our Events calendar for more weekend things-to-do.