"There's never any place to park!" is the most frequent comment we hear about the Northville Farmers Market. This is a common problem for most farmers markets. This season we have had record breaking crowds, and parking is often a challenge. Here are a few tips to make parking at the Market less stressful:
- Peak time at the Market is between 10:00 and 11:30 AM. Plan your shopping to avoid that time period and you'll find a parking spot in the adjoining customer lot much more easily.
- Our vendors bring plenty of product to sell all day long. Our Market opens at 8:00 AM. Coming at 7:00 AM to "get the best" can be frustrating to everyone. It's dangerous for pedestrians, as trucks are backing up, and manuevering in the dim light. It's frustrating for customers, as the wagons are not out yet, and vendors don't have all their products set up yet. Wait until 8:00 to get full service, and a complete selection of products.
- The best place to park for the Market is at Northville Downs in their main parking lot. This is located on the east side of Center Street, just north of the Northville Downs building. There is lots of parking!
- The FRIENDS OF THE MARKET volunteers work hard to help alleviate parking issues. Courteously following their direction to an available parking spot helps prevent gridlock in the lot.
- For everyone's safety, please end your cell phone conversation before you enter the parking lot.
- There is a PULL IN-PICK UP area on the exit drive next to the scarecrow. If you purchase more Market goodies than you had planned, leave them with a FRIEND OF THE MARKET volunteer (found at the white building)and drive over from Northville Downs to the pick up area.
- Our Market has five aisles. The best place to drop off elderly shoppers, or park with young children is the aisle by the KETTLE CORN. It is close to shaded seating, and easily accesses the rest of the vendor stalls.
- Handicapped parking spaces are reserved for those with legitimate passes or handicapped license tags only. "My dog can't walk that far!" really isn't an acceptable excuse for parking in the handicapped spaces.
Our Northville Farmers Market is a community gathering place, a shopping place for the freshest locally grown produce, plants, foods, crafts, a source of local information, and a good place to have lunch. A little courtesy and patience in the parking lots helps make it a great place to be every Thursday!
Come this week for the end of the asparagus, fresh strawberries, a variety of salad greens, radishes, and a few cherry tomatoes as well all the other delicious foods and interesting crafts available.
See you at the Market!