Save the date cards should typically be sent out four to five months before your wedding. This will give your guest plenty of time to mark it on their calendar and make arrangements. There are so many different type of save the date cards to choose from.
Here are eight unique ideas to use for your save the dates:
- Save the date cards - These are more traditional, but you can still use bold colors and patterns to reflect your personality. You can add elements that let your guest know something about your relationship to make it more personal
- Magnets - This has become very popular. Put your date and location on a nice sized magnet so it can be hung out the fridge and not lost. Add a photo of you and your fiance or a fun design to go with your wedding theme
- Postcards - This will save you money and postage. Add bold colors and photos of you and your groom.
- Save the date pens - A great way to give a gift that can be used and tell your guest about your wedding
- Wine bottles - Buy bulk wine and you can find label makers online. This is definitely a unique idea your guests will love!
- Tickets - Create a mock concert ticket, plane ticket or raffle ticket and replace information with your wedding details
- Passport - This is a great save the date for a destination wedding. Include a photo of the bride and groom in a passport booklet with all the wedding information
- Whimsical - If you're a playful and daring couple, then think way outside of the box send a personalized CD with a label on it, or bubbles with a label, or if your town is famous for something (example: salsa) send packages or bottles with your own label on it. Get creative!