Northville's 25th annual Victorian Festival comes to Northville Friday to Sunday. It's a time when the city returns to its Victorian roots and celebrates its historic heritage.
The festival's schedule of events is full of activities for all ages from 5 to 10:30 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Check out these eight events and attractions that can't be missed.
1. ParadeThe festival begins with the traditional parade 6:30 p.m. Friday at the corner of Cady and Wing streets.
2. Hot Air Balloon RidesRemax Dream Properties will sponsor tethered hot air balloon rides beginning immediately after the parade at Ford Field.
>>Share your pictures from the Victorian Festival on Northville Patch.
3. Carousel, Kids' RidesA full size carousel will be providing rides for all ages for a small fee throughout the weekend. Kids' carnival rides will also be at the festival.
4. Petting FarmBarnyard Express will have animal shows and a petting farm on East Main and Hutton streets Saturday noon – 5 p.m. and Sunday noon – 3:00 p.m.
5. Victorian SaloonThe area, behind City Hall, offers entertainment for adults.
6. Crafter MarketCrafters will be on site selling a variety of items including pottery, soaps, jewelry, textiles, candles and fall produce in Town Square on Main Street from Saturday 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
7. Vintage BaseballNorthville Eclipse will play vintage-style baseball games on Saturday and Sunday at Ford Field.
- Saturday 1 p.m. vs Port Huron Welkins; Sunday 1:00 p.m. vs Mighty River Hogs of Midland County
8. Sunday at Mill Race VillageMill Race Village, 215 Griswold Street, will host a multitude of activities on Sunday like a Victorian Tea Room and the traditional Duck Race (see a video of a past race).
>>See a full schedule of events.
>>Find free parking in downtown Northville for the festival.
>>See what streets will be closed for the festival.
What activities are you looking forward to most at the Victorian Festival? Tell us in the comments.