Eight Mile Road is getting resurfaced between Napier and Taft roads in the City of Northville and on the border of Novi and Northville Township. Here are seven details you should know about the road repair plan.
- The section between Garfield and Taft roads will finish this year, and the section through Napier Road is expected to be completed in 2014.
- The road will remain open to traffic during the entire project, but some areas may be reduced to one lane.
- The project will add safety improvement like a continuous left turn lane from Beck Road to Taft Road.
- Beck Road will also be getting an improved right turn lane at the Eight Mile Road intersection.
- There will be continuous sidewalks immediately east of Beck Road to Taft Road.
- The road will also have improved traffic lights and pedestrian sidewalks.
- The project will cost about $4.7 million, of which $2.8 million is federally funded. The remaining $1.9 million will be shared by several municipalities.