Let's take a look at what's going around town this weekend, from concerts to benefits to thought-provoking drama.
- When: 6:30 p.m. Thursday
- Pricing: Free
- Why Go: The Center Stage Dance Company performs its spring program, with songs from Disney.
- When: 8 p.m. Thursday and Friday, 3 p.m. Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday
- Pricing: $28-$30; seniors get a $2 discount
- Why Go: The Tipping Point Theatre presents its latest production, Fiction, the story of Linda and Michael, two married writers who enjoy banter and friendly competition. Linda is suddenly diagnosed with a brain tumor and given weeks to live. Each keeps a diary, and Linda says Michael may read hers after she's gone, but she asks to read his now. The contents of the diary prove shocking, but are they true?
- When: 5:30 p.m. Friday
- Pricing: $10
- Why Go: This showcase is the work of the Northville High School Indian American Student Association club, featuring cultural performances, and benefiting the Miracle Foundation, which helps raise money for building orphanages in India.
- When: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday
- Pricing: $5
- Why Go: The Chinese Association of Greater Detroit hosts a Year of the Dragon celebration with Chinese music, dance performances, children's activities, Chinese crafts and demonstrations. Also, unique gifts, crafts, apparel and food will be available for sampling and purchase.
- When: 2:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. (Show continues through May 6.)
- Pricing: $8.50
- Why Go: The Marquis Theatre will take audiences through the looking glass with its fun-filled, live musical, Alice in Wonderland. Spend an afternoon with Alice, The White Rabbit, Queen of Hearts, The Cheshire Cat, and many more memorable characters.
- The Northville Woman's Club potluck luncheon takes place from 12:30-3 p.m. Friday at . Bring a dish to pass, and guests are welcome. Call 248-736-0443 for details.
- Art on Seven Mile is holding a St. Patrick's Day workshop for kids from 9 a.m.-noon Saturday. Kids will experiment with shades of green, create St. Patrick's Day art, learn about Ireland, and enjoy a snack. All supplies included in the $40 price. Call 248-349-1962 for information or to register.
Looking for more ideas? Visit our Events page for plenty of things-to-do.