Wednesday is a good a day as any to start looking forward to weekend fun. Here are some ideas for your planning pleasure.
- Where: Tipping Point Theatre
- When: 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, 3 p.m. Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday
- Pricing: $26-$30
- Why Go: The Tipping Point finishes its run of The Love List, a grown-up comedy about a man who makes a list of characteristics his ideal woman should have, and then he meets just that woman. Of course, when he edits the list, the woman changes as well.
- When: 6:30 p.m. Friday
- Pricing: $5
- Why Go: Oak Pointe Church has a father-son night planned, with pizza, dodgeball and a viewing of the movie "Courageous" planned. Preregistration required.
- When: 7:30 p.m. Saturday
- Pricing: $3 in advance, $5 at the door
- Why Go: Fight the winter blahs with a classic comedy at the Marquis. This weekend's film is 1963's It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, starring Spencer Tracy, Milton Berle, Buddy Hackett, Sid Caesar, Ethel Merman and many more. Show up early for a pre-movie reception at sponsor Northville Physical Rehabilitation, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Brighton Recreation Area, 6360 Chilson Road, Howell
- When: 2-5 p.m. Sunday
- Pricing: Free, but a Recreation Passport is required for park entry, which can be purchased at any Secretary of State office or at any state park headquarters.
- Why Go: The DNR is hosting this Winter Free Fishing Weekend event in order to drum up more interest in fishing. It's a family-friendly activity that includes fly fishing and ice fishing demonstrations and instruction. You'll learn about the gear you need, how to drill a hole in the ice, where to find the best fish, and how to clean your catch.
- The 6th Annual Member Exhibition finishes its run at the this weekend. Stop in from 1-5 p.m. today through Feb. 18 to see the creations of more than 70 artists.
- A Valentine's Dinner Dance is planned for 6 p.m. Saturday at Enjoy dinner and a performance by the Oakland Community College Dance Band. $35 per couple, $20 per person.
For more things-to-do ideas, be sure to visit our Events page.