What to do? Spring into these fun weekend happenings:
- When: 8 p.m. Thursday and Friday, 3 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday
- Pricing: $26-$30
- Why Go: The Tipping Point presents Fiction, a provocative drama focusing on a married pair of writers. The wife learns she has cancer and only weeks to live, so the couple share the contents of their diaries, with shocking results.
- When: 10:30 a.m-7 p.m. Friday, 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday
- Pricing: Free
- Why Go: It's all things robotics at the Northville FIRST Robotics 2012 District Competition, with 40 high school teams competing using robots they've built for various challenges.
- When: 10 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday
- Pricing: Free
- Why Go: High school students from Northville and Novi will be raising funds and awareness for the American Cancer Society. Anyone touched by cancer is inivted to attend to celebrate life and survival and remember those who have been lost to cancer. Entertainment is also planned, including a 6:30 p.m. performance by the Center Stage Dancers.
- When: Tours are held 1, 2 and 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Pricing: $6, ages 2 and younger get in free
- Why Go: Head over to Maybury Farm for a fun and informative day. Take a hayride to tour the sugar bush and learn how maple syrup is made. Picks 'n' Sticks will also be there, performing country music, and check out "Brownie," the first baby llama born at the farm.
- When: 2:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Pricing: $8.50 per person
- Why Go: The Marquis Theatre takes audiences through the looking glass, as it presents a live-action musical version of Alice in Wonderland.
- The Novi Backyard, Pool & Spa Show comes to Suburban Collection Showplace, 3-9 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday, and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $8 for adults, $4 for kids 6-14, free for 5 and younger. Parking is $5.
- Love Me Knot ... An Italian Wedding continues at , 6:30 p.m. Saturday, $49.95 includes family-style dinner and the show.
For more events, visit our calendar page.