A talk by renowned College Admissions Expert and Award-winning author, Patrick O’Connor, PhD
Associate Dean of College Counseling at Cranbrook Schools
It’s Never Too Early to Think About College!
A presentation especially for parents of middle and elementary school students, but all Northville parents are welcome.
A talk about what parents of Middle and Elementary School students need to consider now to prepare their children (and themselves!) for the new realities of selecting the right college and gaining admission.
- What are colleges looking for?
- What resources are available – networking, scholarships?
- Study skills to instill in your child now in order to succeed.
- With so many choices out there, how can families stay focused onwhat matters for their child?
- The qualities of a good college choice and, and the qualities that will help your student make the most out of college.
- How to determine the right college for your child.
- Building a student’s “resume” starting now.
You may think it’s too soon to deal with thoughts of college. But, it’s not! The college application process has changed since you went through it. It’s time to educate yourself on the latest ideas and information about the college selection process.
Sponsored by the Northville School District’s Advisory Council for the AcademicallyTalented (ACAT), a committee comprised of parents and Northville education leaders.