Tonight, Northville Township will unveil its master plan for a park area at the site of the Seven Mile former psychiatric hospital.
Previously, the township sought public input for the park's development and settled on four options. Tonight the township is expected to announce which option was chosen for its master plan. The Twenty21 project, alluding to its possible completion date, has been the topic of discussion during several township meetings over the past year.
Some of the amenities, according to the report to be presented tonight, will include:
- A community center
- Paved trail along Seven Mile with exercise stations
- A sledding or tubing hill
- Indoor and outdoor pool
- Splash park
- Outdoor court sports, such as basketball and tennis
- Natural wooded area with trails for hiking, walking, cross country skiing and running
- A large lawn area for open recreational use
- A mountain bike park
- An energy park, which could be used for educational purposes and include classrooms to teach about energy production and resources
Last week, the township approved a plan by the University of Michigan to construct an ambulatory care facility on the commercial part of the property.
Come back to Northville Patch tonight for more details.