District employees earn tenure
At its meeting Tuesday night, Northville's school board approved the tenure of six employees on their 2012 anniversary dates. Tenure was approved for the following:
- Danielle Anderson of
- Maureen Schneider of
- Heidi Main of
- Suzanne Plummer of Cooke School
- Julianne Rohrhoff of Cooke School
- Shannon Schaer of Cooke School
Eagle Scouts honored
Five students were recognized for their Eagle Scout achievement. Their names and projects are listed below:
- Travis Mitchell Compo helped design and build a handicap ramp leading to the entrance of Thayer's Corner Nature Center
- Adam Michael Curry helped restore trails and clean up the pond at Fish Hatchery Park.
- Aaron Emmanuel Kowalczyk developed a Emergency Evacuation Strategy plan for Meads Mill Middle School.
- Jared Myers worked at on improving the deck and stairway.
- Jason Edward Miller helped renovate the Used Book Cellar at the .
District to purchase used bus
The school board approved the purchase of a used school bus. It is a 2010 Thomas Special Needs Saf-T-Liner C2 school bus purchased for $71,420.
Michael Zopf, assistant superintendent of finance and operations, said the bus is being purchased to replace another, which has been retired because of safety concerns.
In the meantime, according to district documents, a bus has been leased by the district's transporation provider at a rate of $40 per day.