Michigan students' MEAP results will be released Monday morning for students in Northville and in all public schools across the state.
The results were scheduled to be released at 10 a.m.
Check back with Northville Patch this afternoon for Northville's results.
The Michigan Education Assessment Program exam assesses students in grades 3 through 9:
- Reading and math are tested in grades 3 through 8;
- Writing is tested in grades 4 and 7
- Science is tested in grades 5 and 8;
- Social studies is tested in grades 6 and 9.
The annual test is designed to show students' proficiency in career- and college-ready materials. The MEAP is administered by the Department of Education, which is releasing the data on Monday.
The MEAP as a standard of measuring student achievement is on its way out; beginning in the 2014-15 school year, students will be given an online exam to test their knowledge of core subjects.
- Fall 2011 Results: Northville Students Show Some Gains in MEAP Scores
- Just the Facts: New Test to Replace MEAP