Patch is seeking student newspapers, teachers, parents and administrators to contribute to our Local Voices platform and help educate the masses on what going on in your schools.
We would love for student newspapers to post their articles. If you love to photograph local graduations, school plays and concerts, you can showcase that passion as well in a Local Voices post.
Part of the Patch mission is to strengthen communities and improve the lives of their residents, but we can't do it without you. Our Local Voices section allows members of the community—from cooking enthusiasts to local politicians and everyone in between—to interact and post directly to the site. These posts then appear on the homepage, in the daily newsletter and are shared by editors via Facebook and Twitter.
The best thing about sharing your stuff on Patch is it's your space so it's your rules. Write as frequently, or infrequently as you'd like. Short or long, essay style or a quick how-to. Blogging on Patch is a great way to share your opinions with the community and get your voice out there.
Who's already posting on Patch?
- The BHS Times
- Girl Scouts of Southeastern Michigan
- Teacher Melissa Gronzo
- Oakland Schools
- The Squall in Dexter
- Jennifer Kangas a parent and education advocate
How can I post on Patch?
Interested in blogging? First, you need to sign in and create an account. Or, if you're already a Patch user, update your profile.
- Go to www.northville.patch.com.
- Click on "Join" on the upper right side of the page.
- Follow the simple instructions to confirm your account.
- Log in and click on your name in the upper right.
- Click on "Edit Profile" on the right and add a photo and a brief bio
Second, here’s how to start a blog:
Once you’re logged in, go to the homepage.
- On the homepage, scroll down to the “Local Voices?” section.
- Click on the “Want to blog on Patch” button at the bottom of the “Local Voices” section. Then, click on the "Post on Patch" button.
- For your first blog all you need is a category, a brief description, a photo and then your text in the body of the article.
- Click ‘Save & Preview,’ or if you are not ready to post, save it as a draft and come back to it later.
Contact Patch Community Editor Brooke Tajer with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.