Although finals won't be over until Monday, students can take Friday as an extra day to study and the weekend as a chance to relax before tackling those last exams.
Exam week is a draining experience, so here are some tips on how to ease the stress and what to do with the new-found freedom:
- Don't continuously go over the exam questions, raising doubt in your or your friends' answers.
- Instead of watching mindless TV, do something healthy. Play your favorite sport with friends, attempt something creative, or find a hobby or place to volunteer.
- Become more cultured. Visit the theatre, art galleries, or museums.
- If the stress has really got you down, plan for some pampering. Go to a spa and try a massage or facial, or have a spa day at home.
- Get together with the family and friends you couldn't spend time with because of your studying.
Sources: "The art of celebrating the end of exams," "How to Celebrate After a Final Exam," "How to Help a Student Deal with Stress"